Moving & Handling
Moving and Handling is a key course that can be implemented; not only for staff within a clinical environment, but that of any business or organisation. All staff must have an annual moving and handling update.
Our courses can range from a ½ day update, 1 or 2 day course depending on the base level of knowledge and skills.
- To gain an understanding of the anatomy of the spine and general ergonomics
- To gain an understanding of the risks associated with moving and handling
- To gain an understanding of relevant legislation and guidelines
- To gain an understanding and demonstration of safe techniques for moving and handling
- Risk assessment
- Safety and confidence when using the following aids:
- Stand aids
- Slide sheets etc.
- Any other equipment appropriate to the customers’ requirements
- Instructor ratio 1:8
Should you require training please contact us by calling 01634 717703 or via email.