Bowel Management in Neurological Patients
Aim: To introduce knowledge and skills in relation to maintaining a healthy bowel.
Duration: 6 and a ½ hours
- Principles of maintaining a health bowel
- Increased knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the bowel in relation to patients with neurological problems
- Understand the principles and concepts of bowel management programme for a client with a spinal cord injury
- Key components of a healthy diet
- What constitutes a high fibre diet?
- How to assist a neurological patient to maintain a healthy bowel
- Documentation and consent supply, installation & training
Enquire about Complex Care training