Maintaining a Healthy Bladder & Bowel
Aim: To introduce knowledge and skills in relation to maintaining a healthy bladder and bowel.
- Principles of maintaining a health bladder and bowel
- Increased knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the bowel in relation to spinal cord injury
- Understand the principles and concepts of bowel management programme for a client with a spinal cord injury
- Key components of a healthy diet
- What constitutes a high fibre diet?
- How to assist spinal injured clients to maintain a healthy bladder
- Documentation and consent
Enquire about Complex Care training