Tailor made training for health care assistants or trained clinical staff.
Aim: To gain understanding of the legal and professional implications of drug administration and to understand the nurses’ role when administering medication. To encourage confidence and emphasise safety when dispensing drugs.
Duration: ½ day or whole day
Ratio: 1 instructor to 10 candidates
- 1 day course
- Standards for Nurses/ODP’s
- Professional responsibilities
- Overview of legislation
- Who can prescribe drugs and the safety issues
- Safe administration for IV, PCA, IM and Controlled Drugs
- Minimising medical errors
- Managing medical incidents
- Documentation and consent
- Undertaking and passing a drugs test
- Instructor ratio 1:10
Enquire about Complex Care training