Paediatric Immediate & Advanced Life Support
Following the current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for PILS and meeting the requirements of Level 3 of the NHS Core Skills Training Framework.
Aim: For clients to understand their roles and responsibilities in the management of Paediatric peri arrest, cardiac arrest and post arrest situations and have the skills needed to be clinical first responders.
Duration: 1 day course (7 hours incl. breaks)
Ratio: 1 instructor to 6 candidates
The PILS course aims to provide healthcare staff with the necessary knowledge and skills needed to:
- Understand the structured ABCDE approach that facilitates rapid recognition of seriously ill children
- Provide appropriate initial treatment interventions to prevent cardiorespiratory arrest
- Treat children in respiratory or cardiorespiratory arrest until the arrival of a resuscitation team or more experienced assistance
- Become members of a paediatric resuscitation team
- ABCDE assessment
- BLS and choking
- Airway management and ventilation
- BLS with adjuncts
- Emergency circulatory access, fluid administration and medications
- Paediatric ALS algorithm and management of cardiorespiratory arrest
- Simulation practice
- Optional targeted training
To book this course please call us on 01634 717703, email us or complete and submit the below form.
Enquire about this course