Immediate Life Support (ILS) - Resuscitation Council (UK) Accredited
This course is ideal for practitioners who work in environments where they may have to manage a cardiac arrest before the arrival of the cardiac arrest team.
Please note: Students must be competent in BLS prior to attending this course.
Aim: To provide adult Immediate Life Support to meet the Level 3 standards of the UK Core Skills Training Framework.
Duration: 1-day course, accredited by the Resuscitation Council (UK) and meeting standards of Level 3 resuscitation in the UK Core Skills Training Framework.
Ratio: 1 instructor to 6 candidates.
- Understand current legislation and local resuscitation policies
- Understand individual role and responsibilities in responding to persons in an emergency situations
- Be able to recognise cardiorespiratory arrest
- Know how to summon immediate emergency help
- Know how to recognise and respond to patients with clinical deterioration, escalating care in accordance with local policy
- Be able to initiate an appropriate emergency response in accordance with Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Be able to provide immediate airway management
- Be able to operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safely and appropriately
- Understand their individual responsibilities in reporting and recording details of an emergency event accurately
- Know how to apply the local Do Not Attempt Resuscitation Policy within a clinical context
- Be able to recognise the seriously ill adult and initiate appropriate interventions to prevent cardiorespiratory arrest
- Understand and be able to apply the ABCDE approach
- Know how to manage and co-ordinate roles and responsibilities within the team in responding to emergency situations until the arrival of a resuscitation team
- Be able to participate as a member of the resuscitation team
- Be able to provide initial post resuscitation care until the arrival of the resuscitation team
To book a place on this course, please visit our Online Shop or call us on 01634 717703.