Level 2 Resuscitation - Paediatric Basic Life Support
This is an ideal course for anyone who deals with children on a regular basis. This course is a mandatory course and will need to be updated on a yearly basis.
Aim: To provide Paediatric Basic Life Support to meet the Level 2 standards of the UK Core Skills Training Framework.
Duration: ½ day course
Ratio: 1 instructor to 8 candidates
- Understand current legislation and local resuscitation policies
- Understand individual role and responsibilities in responding to children in an emergency situation
- Be able to recognise cardiorespiratory arrest in children
- Know how to summon immediate emergency help
- Know how to recognise and respond to children with clinical deterioration, escalating care in accordance with local policy
- Be able to initiate an appropriate emergency response in accordance with Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Be able to provide paediatric basic airway management
- Understand individual responsibilities in reporting and recording details of an emergency event accurately
- Know how to apply the local Do Not Attempt Resuscitation Policy within a clinical context
To book this course please call us on 01634 717703, email us or or by completing the form below.
Enquire about this course