Level 2 Resuscitation - Basic Life Support with AED
This is an ideal course for anyone who deals with adults on a regular basis. Registered healthcare professionals with a responsibility to participate; as part of the adult resuscitation team, should undertake adult basic life support training.
Registered healthcare professionals involved in administering rapid tranquillisation in the care of patients with disturbed mental functioning should undertake adult basic life support training.
This course is a mandatory course and will need to be updated on a yearly basis.
Aim: To provide adult Basic Life Support to meet the Level 2 standards of the UK Core Skills Training Framework.
Duration: ½ day course
Ratio: 1 instructor to 6 candidates
- Understand current legislation and local resuscitation policies
- Understand individual role and responsibilities in responding to persons in an emergency situation
- Be able to recognise cardiorespiratory arrest
- Know how to summon immediate emergency help
- Know how to recognise and respond to patients with clinical deterioration, escalating care in accordance with local policy
- Be able to initiate an appropriate emergency response in accordance with the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Be able to provide basic airway management
- Be able to operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safely and appropriately
- Understand individual responsibilities in reporting and recording details of an emergency event accurately
- Know how to apply the local Do Not Attempt Resuscitation Policy within a clinical context
To book this course please call us on 01634 717703, email us or or by completing the form below.
Enquire about this course