Immediate Life Support - Adult
This course is ideal for practitioners who work in environments where they may have to manage a cardiac arrest before the arrival of the cardiac arrest team. Please note: Students must be competent in BLS prior to completion of this course.
Aim: To provide adult Immediate Life Support to meet the Level 3 standards of the UK Core Skills Training Framework.
Duration: 1 day course following the Resuscitation Council, (UK) Guidelines for "In hospital resuscitation" and meets standard of Level 3 resuscitation in the UK NHS Core Skills Training Framework
Ratio: 1 instructor to 6 candidates
- Understand current legislation and local resuscitation policies
- Understand individual role and responsibilities in responding to persons in an emergency situations
- Be able to recognise cardiorespiratory arrest
- Know how to summon immediate emergency help
- Know how to recognise and respond to patients with clinical deterioration, escalating care in accordance with local policy
- Be able to initiate an appropriate emergency response in accordance with Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- Be able to provide immediate airway management
- Be able to operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safely and appropriately
- Understand their individual responsibilities in reporting and recording details of an emergency event accurately
- Know how to apply the local Do Not Attempt Resuscitation Policy within a clinical context
- Be able to recognise the seriously ill adult and initiate appropriate interventions to prevent cardiorespiratory arrest
- Understand and be able to apply the ABCDE approach
- Know how to manage and co-ordinate roles and responsibilities within the team in responding to emergency situations until the arrival of a resuscitation team
- Be able to participate as a member of the resuscitation team
- Be able to provide initial post resuscitation care until the arrival of the resuscitation team
To book this course please call us on 01634 717703, email us or or by completing the form below.
Enquire about this course